HPBA 2013?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Webbie, did you come by our booth?

Yes, I was there a few times. I really liked the new soapstone heaters!

Would have liked to meet you.... Nice to put a face to an avatar. Mine looks just like my avatar!

Did you check out our new pellet stoves?

Ya, Alvaro tried real hard for us to get one as part of our early buy. But we don't sell any pellet stoves.

I really liked the new features on the Enerzone stoves. The 5/16" top and especially the new air control. That is much nicer.

Ya, Alvaro tried real hard for us to get one as part of our early buy. But we don't sell any pellet stoves.

I really liked the new features on the Enerzone stoves. The 5/16" top and especially the new air control. That is much nicer.
Alvaro is a character... always good for a party if he ever comes your way. You UBG?

You mean 3/8" top.

Wow, just when you thought the BKK couldn't get uglier someone proves you wrong. The Hitzer demo looks impressive.

What new stoves were showing or introduced?

When Webby posted the pictures, the image of the camo stove does not tell the full story. The sign you see on top explains that we painted the stove to capture attention. We had decided prior to Expo to honor our Iraq and Afganistan returning veterans by dontating a stove to those that might benefit from one of our products.

Believe me, we have no itent on painting stoves in camo patterns!

When the folks from DuraVent read the sign, they agreed to supply a full chimney system with stove. The folks at Hearth Classics Hearth pads also agreed to donate a hearth pad to the family (veteran) we select.

As the sign indicated, we are VERY proud of all our armed forces for their service to our country. Simply write a brief email to me at [email protected] and tell me about a returning veteran that might benefit from wood heat.

We are comitted to awrding at least one stove of their choice.

God Bless All Our Service Members
Chris

Good deal Chris, thanks for the support. I can see from your avatar that's your favorite color. Looking forward to seeing the Ashford when it makes its debut.

Alvaro is a character... always good for a party if he ever comes your way. You UBG?

You mean 3/8" top.
Oh ya, 3/8", the thickest steel stove on the market! I forgot. ;)
Yes we are a UBG member.

Wow... I guess they need to make fireplaces for people with bad taste, too! ;lol
This is a sweet, sweet fireplace!! I don't know what made you think it was in bad taste?
This one of the most awesome fireplaces I have ever seen. Maybe you have to stand in front of it in person to be impressed.
The heat that comes off of that glass would out heat a lot of wood stoves!

Definitely looks like a nice piece of technology... I was just making a joke about the decor. Yes, I know some people like that contemporary look... but something as primitive as a fireplace never looks right to me, in a contemporary space.

Definitely looks like a nice piece of technology... I was just making a joke about the decor. Yes, I know some people like that contemporary look... but something as primitive as a fireplace never looks right to me, in a contemporary space.
I can agree with that. I often like some of the more modern set-ups, but would never have it in my house.

But, that Valcourt with the guillotine door is awesome! They had it set up at the show and it was very impressive!

Contemporary look is a trend all MFG are embracing. It's started in Gas appliances a few years ago with linear and all glass looks and more of these units were to be seen at HPBA.

Around the world you would have difficulty finding stoves similar in look to what we have here in North America. Why do you think the Italian pellet stoves look so modern? North American MFG's are rushing to catch up since this trend is already popular in Canada and the US East Coast and Pacific coast.

It's not to everyone's taste of course but it's here and likely will stick around for a few years.

Harman has an amazing control system on a pellet stove that connects to your smart phone. It diagnosis problems with the stove, when it needs cleaning, show how many pellets you are using and lots of other stuff. I think we will see lots of other stoves with this soon. Popular Mechanics is writing up a story about several stoves which are getting connected to internet in ways that help the user understand and operate their stoves better and get better performance out of them. Englander is also developing some really interesting stuff and had a new feature on stoves that automatically ratched down the air when stove got hot. Maxitrol was exhibiting a prototype of a automated control system similar to the Smartstove, but not as advanced. Attached photo is of the Harman controls. Harman control system.jpg

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.