Huffing pellets and smoke.. I might have a problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2014
Sw Ohio
Every time I buy a new brand of pellets I open the bag and automatically stick my nose in it. Then once they are burning, I go outside and smell the exhaust output. My nose hasn't let me down yet, If there's a smell that doesn't seem quite right they usually don't burn worth a crap. Am I the only weirdo that does this?

Never ever gave it a thought. I'd have to climb up 25' in order to do so and that isn't going to happen. Probably has some merit though.

I like to go by touch and taste myself...:eek:

Reactions: bags
I like to go by touch and taste myself...:eek:

I've been decidedly warped for years. I've never smelled a bag of pellets (other than the TSC pine bedding that smells pungently of pine) and never smelled the exhaust (because mine is up there 20 feet or so too).

Last time I went truckin to pick up a load of pellets, I got home, opened the bag but could only smell the scarlet begonias from my garden. So I went inside, loaded the stove, and poured myself some ripple. Later that night I went outside to check my chimney, I looked up, and noticed a dark star, and in the distance saw terrapin station, there was no smell to note coming from my chimney so I got back in my truck and headed over to Berthas house...crossing over shakedown street, I new it would take a miracle to win Bertha over again, o well, I can always call Althea again....

Reactions: LordmetalZ28
Gene, just a few questions,statements, and etc. . Did you truck up to buffalo to get those pellets? Does all around your garden grow scarlet and purple and crimson and blue? Is your woman good to you, or did she hide your liquor and try to you serve you tea? Are you sure it wasn't the Dog star? Maybe your a lost sailor and have been too long at sea.. To hell with Bertha, I'd tell her not to come around anymore or at least until she gets her fan fixed. There's nothing shaking on Shakedown Street anyway. If Althea doesn't work out, there's always Peggy-O. I just hope you guineas aren't to few.

http://www.dead50.net/

Last time I went truckin to pick up a load of pellets, I got home, opened the bag but could only smell the scarlet begonias from my garden. So I went inside, loaded the stove, and poured myself some ripple. Later that night I went outside to check my chimney, I looked up, and noticed a dark star, and in the distance saw terrapin station, there was no smell to note coming from my chimney so I got back in my truck and headed over to Berthas house...crossing over shakedown street, I new it would take a miracle to win Bertha over again, o well, I can always call Althea again....
Ahhh the universe what a concept. When I was a child there where believed to be nine planets. Now there are believed to be 90 planets

Status
Not open for further replies.