Huge oak tree fell down and brough some other hardwood down with it...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonsered

Feb 7, 2010
Woodstock CT
At my neighbors house...its not in a lawn or anything and will be a bit tricky to get the wood out since there is some wet lands under part of it but its a huge huge oak and it brough down some other trees with it...neighbor said I can have it (he does not burn wood) as long as I clean the whole tree up and just leave him with the stumps!

Got my work cut out for me and probably my entire burn wood for winter next year!

Sounds like an excellent wood score! I love it when you can get a lot of wood in one place.

Tom

Sounds like fun! That should give you plenty of good fires.

Ask the neighbor if you can wait until the wet ground freezes. That will make it easier. Its also better to work in the cool weather anyway.

Ask your neighbor if you can take some pictures to show your friemds. :red:

Sounds like a good close score.
My wood usually has several road miles on it.
Have fun, be careful, blow downs can be tricky.

cptoneleg said:
Ask your neighbor if you can take some pictures to show your friemds. :red:

I'll try and get some pics of the situation...should keep me busy for awhile thats for sure

Jonsered said:
At my neighbors house...its not in a lawn or anything and will be a bit tricky to get the wood out since there is some wet lands under part of it but its a huge huge oak and it brough down some other trees with it...neighbor said I can have it (he does not burn wood) as long as I clean the whole tree up and just leave him with the stumps!

Got my work cut out for me and probably my entire burn wood for winter next year!

What does he want with the stumps? :) ;)

By the way, I think I'll be passing close to you sometime next week . . . going down to visit my brother-in-law in Stafford Springs, mother-in-law in Ellington and going to Sturbridge Village on the 16th if things pan out like I'm hoping.

Well I sectioned the entire tree into 15" lengths for my Jotul 602. Here is a pic for reference this is a 24" bar on my Jonsered 670.

Attachments

• Oak.jpg
    Oak.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 324
Great score! I'm envious of the great hard wood selection back east. Looks like it definitely could be a winter's worth of wood.

WOW!!! Awesome score there.

That really looks like a dream for cutting up. Congratulations again!

Status
Not open for further replies.