Huge red oak down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FaithfulWoodsman

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2015
Geographic Center of Ohio
I dont usually post much in the warmer months, but had to on this one. Landscaping client of mine called and said to bring the biggest saw i had. Told me his big red oak came down across one of the lawns and i would need cut it out of the way to mow. Once i got it off the grass we agreed to leave the rest there and i will get it all in the fall. Win win. Had to cut from both sides with the shindy 757/24". I didnt measure it but it was close to being 3' in diam and over 170 years old. Sad to see it down. Happy to know at least itl be in my stacks.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Awesome hit !!

I'm not posting much lately but still around and still finishing off the shoulder season with a few twigs here
and there. The Asplundh dudes came thru and I have a forest full of drops !! Glad a wire passes thru.

Looks like an incredibly busy and fun September project. Are you gonna burn it 2018/19 ?

Thanks fellas.
Are you gonna burn it 2018/19
Close. It will be the start of 19/20. Unfortunately/fortunately spring came soon and almost all of 18/19 is still in rounds. Fishing, baseball, landscaping and property work are all making it hard to find motivation to split and stack. I better get it done if I want it two summer CSS though. ;)