HUGE Thank You to Dennis!(aka Backwoods Savage)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags said:
Yeah, that Dennis seems to be a pretty good egg, well.... except that he splits in the wrong direction. :lol:

Jeez Dennis, your gonna have to kick it up a notch to replace all that wood you have been letting go of. With all that extra work, you might want to throw a pillow on that seat of yours. Oh, and get your wife a new pair of gloves too. :lol:

Ha,ha..just yanking your chain. Its pretty awesome that you guys hooked up for the firewood. Win-win.

Jags, it does seem odd looking at our shrinking wood piles. This is about as low on wood we've been for many, many moons. I won't do much more this year though. It has to wait until next year but rdust can vouch to the fact that we have lots that need cutting. I showed him some of our ash trees and he says there are many years of cutting to do there. He is right.

Maybe I should buy a small saw for the wife and forget the gloves! lol

Thanks.

Backwoods Savage said:
I won't do much more this year though. It has to wait until next year but rdust can vouch to the fact that we have lots that need cutting. I showed him some of our ash trees and he says there are many years of cutting to do there. He is right.

Maybe I should buy a small saw for the wife and forget the gloves! lol

Thanks.

Oh yeah, Dennis will have his hands full for years to come. It's a shame, so many ash tree's that are dead or dieing, it's really sad. On top of all the dead elm, dieing or dead ash, soft maple, white birch he has on the property it's unlikely one could ever run out of wood. If he did manage to cut up all that wood he could move onto the evil pine. :lol: I only hope one day I'll have a piece of property near as nice as his!!

raybonz said:
That is a real nice wood hauling trailer! Even my 6 cylinder F-150 could pull a cord of oak with it.. It is rated to pull 5800 lbs. if memory serves me correct. The hitch weight is only 10-12% of the load weight so no big deal.

Ray

Thanks, the only issue with the trailer is the axle placement. It's a little far back for my taste which makes it tongue heavy once the weight gets in front of the axles. I really notice it when I put my car on it. I plan to put a weight distribution hitch on it at some point which will help big time, air bags wouldn't hurt either. A heavier tonnage truck would be the biggest help. ;-)

Dennis,
If the world was full of people like you it would be a totally different place.For some reason,I have a feeling you give to many people in a lot of other ways.You reep what you sow and I know you've got to feel great inside.

Your a good man Dennis, I'm sure it barely put a dent in your supply. Looks like you still have quite a bit of snow on the ground, ours is going fast.

Thanks fellas. It is really appreciated.

Our snow is going fast here too. Out in the open there just is not much left. Here in the woods we still have plenty but can see the difference every day. With some rain coming that should speed things along. The good part too is that in many places the frost has already gone out! We are lucky with that living on yellow sand. The roads are a different story and the frost laws have been posted all over the place.

I'm a bit late to the Dennis Love Fest ;), but yeah . . . Dennis is one of those top-notch guys here . . . one of the many members that I wouldn't mind meeting in person one day as he seems like a real stand up sort of guy . . . even though he does his splilting sitting down. ;) :)

Hey Jake. I also would like to meet you some day. Maybe I can talk some sense into you about wood splitting. lol Thanks Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.