Humidifier on Ecotecks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
Has anyone tried out the humidifier on their Ecotecks? I had to use a turkey baster to get water in there so I didn't have to remove the majolica top ;lol Was wondering about metal fatigue if adding water while hot? Is the compartment actually water tight? Haven't played around enough...

Its a 1 inch deep by 4 by 7 stainless pan suspended above the top of the main stove box. Barely gets warm and we use it with liquid room scents instead of scented candles. Hardly any help with adding humidity.

On the Elena, there is a rectangular area built-in just above the heat exchangers that have oval metal cut-outs on top - no suspended pans came with my stove. Is this not the humidifier? !!!

You have the air which may well be different then the standard Elena. If and when you do a strip down and clean you should shoot some pictures and send them to me. Here is a picture of what is on ours.

Attachments

• DSCN0315.JPG
    DSCN0315.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 94
Don't have that pan on the Elena Air. No photos of that area on last tear down but next time;)

Status
Not open for further replies.