1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Humongo Score

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by dorkweed, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dorkweed

dorkweed Guest

Twas working at one of my account yesterday, and one of the Amigos asked if I had talked to the farm manager. I replied that I had not.....................but, then he went on to tell me that she said it'd be OK for me to cut and haul any downed timber in their "wooded area" of the farm. This came as a shock to me because about 2 months or so ago, I posted a thread about a possible score at the same place, and if'n it was worth it because the wood I was refering to in that thread was cut and just "piled" and getting punky/rotting.

Anyhow, after I was done working the "Amigo" walked me out to the first tree they would like removed. It's a monster white oak (36-40" trunk) that fell this past summer during the drought (global warming the cause of course). Looks to be at least 4-5 full cords of oak, not including the 2 or 3 (10-12in maples) that it took out on it's way down. Gonna start cutting on Sunday.

Got wood just typing this!!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shane N

Shane N Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Central MN
    ;lol
  3. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Please ton't cry to me about your problems!;lol Sounds like you're set for some time to come. Do you have a dry stashto burn while your new score seasons for the the next 3 years?
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. dorkweed

dorkweed Guest

Yup, almost a year ahead now.....................near the end of January now, and about 2/3rd the way through on my current stash that I planned on using this year. First year burning also!! Not perfect, but not bad either!!
    Nixon likes this.
  5. BobUrban

BobUrban Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Michigan
    And that maple will be ready next year if you get it up quick and give you at least two years for the oak - not to mention it sounds like there will be more. Congrats on that - Great score!!
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    A true amigo!
  7. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    That is definitely awesome.