Humongo Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dorkweed

Twas working at one of my account yesterday, and one of the Amigos asked if I had talked to the farm manager. I replied that I had not.....................but, then he went on to tell me that she said it'd be OK for me to cut and haul any downed timber in their "wooded area" of the farm. This came as a shock to me because about 2 months or so ago, I posted a thread about a possible score at the same place, and if'n it was worth it because the wood I was refering to in that thread was cut and just "piled" and getting punky/rotting.

Anyhow, after I was done working the "Amigo" walked me out to the first tree they would like removed. It's a monster white oak (36-40" trunk) that fell this past summer during the drought (global warming the cause of course). Looks to be at least 4-5 full cords of oak, not including the 2 or 3 (10-12in maples) that it took out on it's way down. Gonna start cutting on Sunday.

Got wood just typing this!!!

Please ton't cry to me about your problems!;lol Sounds like you're set for some time to come. Do you have a dry stashto burn while your new score seasons for the the next 3 years?

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Please ton't cry to me about your problems!;lol Sounds like you're set for some time to come. Do you have a dry stashto burn while your new score seasons for the the next 3 years?

Yup, almost a year ahead now.....................near the end of January now, and about 2/3rd the way through on my current stash that I planned on using this year. First year burning also!! Not perfect, but not bad either!!

Reactions: Nixon
And that maple will be ready next year if you get it up quick and give you at least two years for the oak - not to mention it sounds like there will be more. Congrats on that - Great score!!

A true amigo!

That is definitely awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.