Hungry snake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Caught this hungry snake right by our porch. Toad trying to stay alive but I do not know how it ended up.

Snake-toad.gif

Snakewithbigmeal.gif

I intended to post this earlier but just got it uploaded. Sorry about the delay.

Denny.....that is some pic....I have a big problem with snakes......can't stand them....and mice....afraid of them both...luckily I don't ever see any around here.....I would probably be afraid to leave the house...Yeah I know....gamma afraid of mice....stoopid......(I am afraid of btuser's avatar too... :grrr: )
There is a rattlesnake roundup every year here and I do want to go to it this year.....don't ask why...maybes trying to conquer my fears...got over one this year already...

Michelle, there used to be a rattlesnake roundup around here many years ago but there just are not that many any more which suits me just fine. I am no lover of snakes either but am not particularly afraid of them.

bogydave said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Michelle, . I am no lover of snakes either but am not particularly afraid of them.

With you 100%
No snakes in Alaska ;) :)

What a pig. A few weeks ago at work I got pretty close to a black rat snake or a racer. I don't know the difference but it was almost 5 feet long. Well, being curious and watching it snap at stick I had near it, it turned and went up a around the base of a small pine tree. At about 10 feet in the air, it went out on a branch that led to nowhere, turned back and went out another branch to go into another pine tree. I had no idea snakes around here climbed trees. They must do a number on the songbird population. I don't mind snakes, they leave us alone and I leave them alone...except for a quick poke of the stick to see what they do.

About 30 years ago or so I saw something similar. I watched with my cousins for a few hours and the snake ended up getting the frog down. It didnt make any sense when you saw the size of the frog and snake. It was like 1/64 of an inch per gulp. It was so bizarre that the frog seemed fine until his head started getting close. I am trying to remember how the snake got the other leg in, but I seem to recall seeing one back foot two front legs and the head sticking out of the mouth. Stupid snake couldnt have been more than 2' long and MAYBE 1" diameter.

GAMMA RAY said:
I have a big problem with snakes......can't stand them.

guess you wouldn't want to do something like this then? (This is me wayyy back in 8th grade)

Attachments

• snake_red..jpg
    snake_red..jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 305
  • snake_red-2.jpg
    snake_red-2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 312
Status
Not open for further replies.