Hunters Moon tonight - East only?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i likes to call it the Sasquatch Moon. The best time of year to dress up like get out there and look for the squatch.

Reactions: Swedishchef
I used to love full moon nights 'til the a$$ clown across the road moved in and decided 2,500 watts of outdoor lighting was a good idea.:mad:

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Sometimes I wish I was a hunter. As I pulled in last night there was a 4 pt stag right right in the driveway. He was in no hurry to get out of the way either. I wouldn't have killed him, but a tranquilizing dart and quick vasectomy came to mind.

Reactions: firebroad
Last night we had low cloud cover, and likely a strong moon hiding behind it. It was very "not dark" in my yard, which is normally very dark. I took a walk up to the barn to measure something I had stored out there, and was amazed how many large animals I could see, loitering about my back yard. I'm sure they're always there, but I normally can't see them.

In the half light, I'm fairly convinced they were all deer... but can't be entirely sure. I did grab a flashlight off the shelf in the barn to shine at one of them that was standing only 20 feet from me as I was unlocking the door to get into the barn. It was a large doe, who moved about 50 feet away from me when I shone the light at her, but then stopped and went back to her grazing.

Thanks for posting the info on the Hunter's moon and partial eclipse. I'll take the 4-year old out to see it this evening.

Sometimes I wish I was a hunter. As I pulled in last night there was a 4 pt stag right right in the driveway. He was in no hurry to get out of the way either. I wouldn't have killed him, but a tranquilizing dart and quick vasectomy came to mind.
Yikes! I hope you're going to DC for the meeting...some action of the type you're thinking of is sorely needed there ;)

Reactions: firebroad
Yikes! I hope you're going to DC for the meeting...some action of the type you're thinking of is sorely needed there

Me and Hogwildz job.

Are you sure there are any huevos left in Congress?

We are off topic from webbie's OP. Let's not can it. OK, back to mooning.

Not so much "we" as me. Sorry bout that. Just left the can. Got to change gears. I deleted a few off topic posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.