Hunting up north

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood spliter

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, ny
Went to the town of Hoptinkin for some deer hunting. Also saw a bear.

Attachments

• deer 1.jpg
    deer 1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 865
  • deer2.jpg
    deer2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 840
they have been few and far between the last couple years??
still getting ready right now to head out tomorrow for 2 weeks of rifle up at the camp :) :)

Nice buck. Is he missing a brow tine on the right side? Any idea on the weight?

~*~vvv~*~ said:
vvv= hope u didnt kill itjust 4thefkofit

HUH????

in fact let me correct myself... do you eat 'ANY' kind of meat vvv???

just wondering why you would put that statement up on the board???

loon

loon said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:

HUH????

loon
I didn't get that either?? He was 170lbs dressed I guess 200ish on the hoof. The Bear I saw was about 150. Windy and warm the whole week. Good luck when you go and post some picks. Also have a pic of me on 87 when my buddies fishing rods fell out of the truck.

wood spliter said:
loon said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:

HUH????

loon
I didn't get that either?? He was 170lbs dressed I guess 200ish on the hoof. The Bear I saw was about 150. Windy and warm the whole week. Good luck when you go and post some picks. Also have a pic of me on 87 when my buddies fishing rods fell out of the truck.

Pook meens,,,,,, hope U didn't wayst lead 4 the eF of it!

A-cord-ingLEE said:
wood spliter said:
loon said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:

HUH????

loon

Pook meens,,,,,, hope U didn't wayst lead 4 the eF of it!
Why would I do that? And why ask it in form?

Nice. Early muzzleloader season started in VA today, I'll be hunting next Saturday and at least a couple of days the following week, then off the next two for regular firearms season.

wood spliter said:

Nice buck spliter, you should have emailed that is about 15 -20 minutes from here. Spliter was it Hopkinton because thats the town near us.

zap

ShenValSteve said:
Nice. Early muzzleloader season started in VA today, I'll be hunting next Saturday and at least a couple of days the following week, then off the next two for regular firearms season.
Good luck! I always wanted to hunt Va. I saw a Sika deer during the summer. You hunting in the mountains?

zapny said:
wood spliter said:

Nice buck spliter, you should have emailed that is about 15 -20 minutes from here.

zap
Thanks Zap, I wasn't really to sure where we were going. When I go back I'll call, I want to see all those stacks! thanks again Steve

Did you get some fishing in?

zap

wood spliter said:
ShenValSteve said:
Good luck! I always wanted to hunt Va. I saw a Sika deer during the summer. You hunting in the mountains?

Yes, in Highland County. The next ridge to our north is Pendleton County, WV. Beautiful country. I'll try to get some pics when my daughter goes with me, she's the digital camera expert in the family. Palo Alto is the nearest "town" if you take a notion to search it on the web, although the post office closed in 1941 and the one room school house closed in 1946.

wood spliter said:
Here is me coming down 87 with the fishing rod that blew out of the truck. Had to pull to the center.

i think the only thing you were gonna catch there would be some Rock Bass %-P :cheese:

loon

zapny said:
wood spliter said:

Nice buck spliter, you should have emailed that is about 15 -20 minutes from here. Spliter was it Hopkinton because thats the town near us.

zap

Nice buck, I was in a camp in Hopkinton for 20 years. Just joined a different one in a different area this year.

lots of doe's and yearlings seen so far :) but no racks yet...
this was sunday, but all gone now.

DSC08580.jpg

this is the patio door watch ;-)

DSC08597.jpg

loon

use to spliter, but not too much anymore. alot of woodies and geese come into the lake but ya gotta feed and its quite aways from home ;-P

loon said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:

HUH????

loon

vvv formerly known as blimp doesn't aprove of anything anyone does. not sure what it is. Nice Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.