Huntsman 2 manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Reactions: Caseyburns
Haven't seen that one. If there is no UL label on the stove it has to be treated as an unlisted stove. Here is a link to the Huntsman 241 manual. Not sure if that is similar or not. It's the only one we have listed.
157740037365554032722348771909.jpg
This is the stove I found out it's a model 4020. I'm try to get are permit and we need to hand in some sort of manual to the inspector.

View attachment 254202
This is the stove I found out it's a model 4020. I'm try to get are permit and we need to hand in some sort of manual to the inspector.
If it doesn't have a ul tag on it the manual really shouldn't matter. They will just revert to the unlisted defaults

Bear in mind that unlisted stoves have serious clearance requirements- 36" all around, 48" above, 18" of ember protection in all directions from the edges of the stove, and if the legs are shorter than 6", you are also looking at an air-gapped hearth to set it on.

It's a much bigger hearth area than most people have, and legs under 6" add to the complexity and weight of it all.

Bottom line is that you probably can't install an unlisted stove on an existing hearth and call the inspector over- unless the hearth was specifically built to accommodate an unlisted stove.

On top of that, you have the possibility that after all that, your insurance company will refuse coverage if you have an unlisted appliance, even if it's installed correctly and the inspector okays it.