Hurray

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maiwalhe

Oct 30, 2006
Good Morning Everyone,

I came to this forum sometime around October with questions about inserts and metal pre-fab fireplaces. After getting some
great advice from you guys I decided it is best to ditch the insert route and put a high efficiency fireplace instead.
So come the beginning of November I ordered my QuadraFire 7100FP from a local dealer.
Delivery took a bit longer than anticipated but yesterday it finally came. It took the installers more than half a day
to get everything in but they finished.
There are some things I need to resolve. The blower is not connected yet. I am planning to do that on the weekend myself.
The faceplate for the fireplace is missing. I have to call the dealertoday and find out what happened to it and I have to
get my marble trim and mantel back up. That'll keep me busy for a while.
Nonetheless I started a first fire yesterday. I was awestruck watching that secondary burn kick in (it's just beautiful) until
all my smoke detectors went off. I guess that is why the manual suggest to do the first burn with the windows open. They
have some rust protection on the metal parts and the paint has some fumes to. Hope all that will be gone the next time
I'll light her up.
Anyway the amount of heat this thing puts out is just amazing. My family room and the upper level got hot right away.
Outside temperatures were in the high 40s last night, so it was not that cold.
To sum it all up. I am all excited to join the woodburner family. I am happy I came to this place to ask the questions I had and
so far I am really happy with my decision to go with the QuadraFire.

Thank you guys.
and have a nice day.

PS: I am really anxious to see some freezing temperatures here in Northern Virginia now. ;-)

re: freezing temperatures

So am I up here in northern NJ! it's been so warm up here, I've haven't had a wood stove fire since saturday, is there a support group for this?

Congrats on the 7100i, I have a Quad 3100 millenium and I'm loving it so far. It's my first wood stove so I have been enjoying the colder days when I can use it... :)

Jay

Congrats! You need to post some pic's for us.

This is my first year burning my new insert and I just love it. My wife and I wish we had done this earlier.

Jay H said:
re: freezing temperatures

So am I up here in northern NJ! it's been so warm up here, I've haven't had a wood stove fire since saturday, is there a support group for this?

Congrats on the 7100i, I have a Quad 3100 millenium and I'm loving it so far. It's my first wood stove so I have been enjoying the colder days when I can use it... :)

Jay

This IS the support group for warm December days. It's known as the WWW. Warm Weather Woodburners.

The solution is to just have an evening fire and deal with the hot room. Use the opportunity to make some bread rise, or make a nice Lambic or Steam style beer.

Sounds like sauna in Poughkeepsie at Warren's World of Warm Weather Woodburners Club.

I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

It'll take a while before this setup will be complete. I just talked to the dealer about the missing front fascia.
They simply forgot to order it. They were not aware that it needs to be ordered separately. Duh.
This is most disturbing since they call themselves an authorized Quadrafire dealer.
Its a shame how little they know their stuff. Even more surprising as they are pretty big in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.