1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. BrendaJ

BrendaJ New Member

This is my first time posting. My dad use to build these stoves in NW Minnesota. I remember seeing the steel plant stacked with these stoves when I was a kid. He also built a bigger double barrel stove they called the "Pribbs 48" that kicked out the heat like you woudn't believe. I don't know much about the design or BTU out put, but I think I can find some literature on it. Asked my dad and he said he could build one in his sleep. When he stopped production he loaded up a semi and a guy in northern Canada bought them all. My dad kept a few for his own use. I know we still have a bunch of wood nobs for the handles.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Welcome Brenda. Thanks for the great background info. These look like stout, well-made heaters.
  3. Pattie Wolosyn

Pattie Wolosyn New Member

Hi,

Just saw this and wanted to see if anyone has found any product info on these stoves. My husband purchased on about 20 years ago and we are about to install it in our cabin. We need information on installation etc. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

PKWolosyn
  4. Frozen Tundra

Frozen Tundra New Member

Loc:
    New Mexico
    I am reviving this old thread specifically so I can talk to Brenda. Please PM me Brenda, I have a few questions for you about your Dad's experiences working at Hurricane. Thank you.
  5. Frozen Tundra

Frozen Tundra New Member

Loc:
    New Mexico
    And a general question to all: does anyone know where the Hurricane stoves were manufactured, or what the parent company name is/was (IF there was a parent company)?

Thanks in advance