Huskee 22 Ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flash49

Jul 3, 2009
Virginia
I just purchased a splitter from TSC and I am really pleased with it. My question is...do I have to run the ram the entire cycle time of 13 seconds or can I stop it and start it anywhere in between?

flash49 said:
I just purchased a splitter from TSC and I am really pleased with it. My question is...do I have to run the ram the entire cycle time of 13 seconds or can I stop it and start it anywhere in between?
I thought if you released the dead man the cylinder returned to the start position.

flash49 said:

Stop & start anywhere you like.

oldspark said:
flash49 said:
I thought if you released the dead man the cylinder returned to the start position.

Nope. Release and the ram stops. Push up and it returns and sticks in the return position till it hits home position.

Others ahve already stated, but I agree. Stop and start it where you please, just return to fully retracted when storing.

I rarely let the ram go all the way back up....but if you get tired, you can take a mini break between each split if it helps. The same way with the ram going into the wood. As soon as it splits, raise the ram. You are only wasting gas if you let the thing cycle all the way every time.

If TSC set it up, you,ll probably need to add a few more gallons of hydraulic fluid... Great unit though, I have had only 1 issue with mine which Speeco immediately sent a replacement part, no questions asked. Their support folks are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.