Huskee 27 ton Log splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only put about 7 cords through my HF 30 tonner but I do have to say that I like the engine a lot.
I too had a small leak, but HF is pretty good about sending replacement parts.
Alas, lately I've been buying wood cut and split rather than cutting up a delivered load of log lengths.
It was only 40-50 bucks more per cord with the increase in log lengths and I'm a lazy f***.

aussieblake said:
I just got off the phone with TSC and found out that all of the 27 ton Huskee Log Splitters with the Honda engine have been pulled for being defective. It has something to do with the engine, the manager would not elaborate any further, but he did say TSC corporate sent out a very lengthy email instructing them to not sell the stock on hand. I was calling to verify they had the 22 ton instock (which they do not) and was told the above information.

aussieblake

The recall regarding the 27 ton Huskee was put out by Honda motors because of a potential issue with the gas tank cracking. Only the 5.5 hp Honda motors with serial numbers between 5547012 and 6880908 are affected. If you have an affected unit, please call Honda at 1-800-426-7701 for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.