Huskee 28 Ton Splitter-Initial Impressions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Gang,

I picked it up yesterday. It's in mint condition and I had no issues getting it home as I loaded it onto my trailer. First step (as suggested by Jay), changed the engine oil, spark plug, topped off the hydraulic fluid, checked every nut, bolt, hose clamp etc. She starts and runs on the first pull. I tried it out ona monster ash round....it went through it like it wasn't even there. Next up was a big nasty hickory crotch....it struggled with it, but no big deal, I repositioned the round a few times and got some nice chunks out of it. Next up was some swamp maple which it blasted through as well. The splitting table looks like a great accessory, and I want to replace the cheap rubber hydraulic line with something more heavy duty. Other than that, I'm very happy with it.

28 tons is alot of Power.....Tune-up and ready for Action! Congrats.

Nice going Rich. Sounds like you have a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.