Huskee/speeco 22 ton log table-pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBERT F

Minister of Fire
Sep 2, 2009
CENTRAL COLORADO
Finally getting around to posting pics of the table I fabed up a few days after I got the splitter(a year ago). Solid table, I have stood on it many times, and it has seen 15+ cords. Plus it deflects the ehxuast when splitting in backwoods savage mode!

Attachments

• 081911203419.jpg
    081911203419.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 502
  • 081911203342.jpg
    081911203342.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 511
  • 081911203253.jpg
    081911203253.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 589
Very Nice.. I made one the other day... Just threw some .100 Steel on and drilled a couple holes.. Has worked out pretty well. Had to flip the bolt heads because the other half would "Rattle" its way down into the work area.. Now with 2" of bolt sticking up, stops the Half Round dead in its tracks.

Did your splitter not come with any type of "Table" or "Rack" to help Center/Hold Wood?

Cheers....

Attachments

• Log Splitter Table 1.jpg
    Log Splitter Table 1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 683
  • Splitter table in use 2.jpg
    Splitter table in use 2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 658
Thanks Dex! No cradle or table from the factory. The beam design itself is some what of a cradle, but after chasing 3 or 4 splits I knew something had to be done!

Looks Great. And if you can stand on it, then its definitely built well. Nice work. Never ceases to amaze me at the talent that is on this Forum. Everyone brings a little something different to the table.

As long as it works.... Your Good. I would take "Function" over "Form" Any day. The steel was really rusty. That's the only reason I painted it. Now that I have used it some. It is quickly wearing. Thinking about using the Rubberized 3M undercoating, that I use on the under-carrige on my truck. Make it Stickier and last longer too.

NCPABill, did your beam have the two threaded holes on the side radius? Above the holes in the lower beam but tapped where the shoe rides on the beam? Mine didn't have them but all the new models on the floor did. The holes were there but they were not tapped. Your table looks very functional. Two different ways of skinning the same cat! I just had some scrap left over from the trailer modification, and the wife and kids were on vacation so I spent a few beers in the shop!

DexterDay said:
As long as it works.... Your Good. I would take "Function" over "Form" Any day. The steel was really rusty. That's the only reason I painted it. Now that I have used it some. It is quickly wearing. Thinking about using the Rubberized 3M undercoating, that I use on the under-carrige on my truck. Make it Stickier and last longer too.

Try the roll-on bed-liner stuff if you can find it in a pint can or a quart if you don't mind having some x-tra.

Status
Not open for further replies.