Husky 162

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N/A N/A

May 10, 2008
By chance would anybody have any specs on the husky 162 and/or have knowledge of a web page that has this info on it? Have looked but cant find anything. Most interested in knowing the cc size and horsepower thanks.

61cc Husqvarna model 162 chainsaw
Price: $250.00 http://thunderbay.kijiji.ca/<remove this>c-buy-and-sell-tools-equipment-61cc-Husqvarna-model-162-chainsaw-W0QQAdIdZ58919583

similar displacement to the 460. Couldn't find a manual online for the 162.

Everything ya ever wanted to know except horsepower which wasn't adversised:

MANUFACTURED BY:
HUSQVARNA VAPENFABRIKS AB
HUSKVARNA, SWEDEN
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:

YEAR INTRODUCED:
YEAR DISCONTINUED:

ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:
61.5cc (3.75 cu. in.)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS:
CYLINDER BORE:
48mm (1.89 in.)
PISTON STROKE:
34mm (1.34 in.)
CYLINDER TYPE:
Aluminum with chrome plated bore
INTAKE METHOD:
Piston ported
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.:

WEIGHT :
7.05 kg with 38 cm bar & chain
OPERATOR CONFIGURATION:
One Man operation
HANDLEBAR SYSTEM:
Anti-vibration
CHAIN BRAKE:
Mechanical
CLUTCH:
Centrifugal
DRIVE TYPE:
Direct
CONSTRUCTION:
Die cast magnesium
MAGNETO TYPE:
Electronic
CARBURETOR:
Tillotson HS-163A, B series
MAJOR REPAIR KIT:
RK-23HS
MINOR REPAIR KIT:
DG-5HS/T
AIR FILTER SYSTEM:
Nylon mesh cartridge
STARTER TYPE:
Husqvarna automatic rewind
OIL PUMP:
Automatic, adjustable
OPERATING RPM:

IGNITION TIMING:
fixed
BREAKER POINT SETTING:
none
FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP:
0.3 mm (0.012 in.)
SPARK PLUG TYPE:
Bosch WS7F or Champion CJ7Y
SPARK PLUG GAP:
0.5mm (0.020 in.)
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS:
Ball
FUEL TANK CAPACITY:
750 ml
FUEL OIL RATIO:
40:1
RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE:
Regular
MIX OIL SPECIFICATION:
Husqvarna mix oil, or two-stroke chain saw mix oil
CHAIN PITCH:
3/8 in.
CHAIN TYPE:

BAR MOUNT PATTERN:
17 link
SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED:
40cm (16 in.)
LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED:
71cm (28 in.)
COLOUR SCHEME:
Husqvarna Orange
PAINT CODES:

ILLUSTRATED PARTS LIST:

SERVICE MANUAL:

COMMENTS:
SG type has heated handles

myzamboni..could not bring up your link..had errors???Wow thanks all. Have this chain saw and was looking to replace it. Bought it used for almost nothing and it was my first saw. I cut a sh!t load of wood with it. It was rebuilt twice to my knowledge. It treated me well and seams to cut damn well. But I have some cash on hand and the saw is starting to get maintenance intensive. Was looking at the Sthil ms361 or ms390 as the two saws are in my price range. But I wanted to buy a saw that would ether match or surpass the power of my current saw. Sounds like I would be further ahead to dump the money into this old saw rather than spending the $700 plus dollars on one that is close to what I have. What do you guys think? I am lost now...Help!

FIREFIGHTER29 said:
myzamboni..could not bring up your link..had errors???Wow thanks all. Have this chain saw and was looking to replace it. Bought it used for almost nothing and it was my first saw. I cut a sh!t load of wood with it. It was rebuilt twice to my knowledge. It treated me well and seams to cut damn well. But I have some cash on hand and the saw is starting to get maintenance intensive. Was looking at the Sthil ms361 or ms390 as the two saws are in my price range. But I wanted to buy a saw that would ether match or surpass the power of my current saw. Sounds like I would be further ahead to dump the money into this old saw rather than spending the $700 plus dollars on one that is close to what I have. What do you guys think? I am lost now...Help!

You have to delete the <remove this> from the link I posted. I had to add that because this site was blocking the un-altered Kijiji link.

Thanks myzamboni, was able to bring it up. It looks just like the saw I have. Guess I just got to figure out what I am going to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.