Husky 235E what a dog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
45north said:
For all I know husky sets the carb incorrectly from the factory just so the consumer is forced to seek a dealer to fix a poorly running brand new saw...
Nope. Husky, and all the others, set the carb. incorrectly (way lean) to pass our wonderful EPA restrictions they are required to pass in order to sell their products here. :mad:
The EPA doesn't care if you melt a piston or your saw runs like crap. They just mandate "clean" air.

Not one of my better investments, as soon as I get it back from the saw shop I will sell it. I will be happy to watch it go away. I am much better off with a stihl if I can find another 036 pro I will be happy. Not trying to start a brand war just facts as I see them. My two stihl saws just work.

I assume you'll get your Stihl from a saw shop ? He'll set it up properly before you leave with it. That'll be the difference, not the brand.

If you know of a dealer that still has them on their shelf tell me where as they stop making them a few years ago so I was thinking used, fleabay if I have to.

45north said:
Not one of my better investments, as soon as I get it back from the saw shop I will sell it. I will be happy to watch it go away. I am much better off with a stihl if I can find another 036 pro I will be happy. Not trying to start a brand war just facts as I see them. My two stihl saws just work.

Just remember that the 235E is Husqvarna's absolute bottom end homeowner saw. A Stihl 036 pro is not even a remotely in the same league as the 235E. Compare pro-grade to pro-grade and you will find that anything from either company is excellent.

Please don't misunderstand me I was not saying they are equal saws. Not in any way at all. I just posted the 036PRO because I have one and it has worked great for me and at this point I would rather have another saw that I know. I know several people that have husky saws and are happy with them. Even where I work they have a 353 e-tech that works fine.It's the husky corporate policy I don't like.
Thanks for the responces everyone ????

45north said:
Please don't misunderstand me I was not saying they are equal saws. Not in any way at all. I just posted the 036PRO because I have one and it has worked great for me and at this point I would rather have another saw that I know.

Again if you have the resources, stick with pro-grade models with either brand and you will have excellent results.

Status
Not open for further replies.