Husky 272 xp earlier vintage?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

North of 60

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2007
Yukon Canada
Someone has offered me another saw to add to my older collection. What is the history on this model? Reliability etc...It has virtually zero blemishes and doesn't have any black marks even around the muffler. He said that he cant recall if it has burnt more than a gallon or so of fuel in its life time. The way it looks I believe him. I had done some work for this fellow and just did it as a favor. He is getting older and has no use for it and only had it before to clear land where his shop sits now, 12 to 15 yrs ago.
He stopped by the other day and saw my two older saws and was also impressed with the shape they are in. He said he wants to give it to a good home so to speak and could get some use out of it and figured I was the fellow. :) Im going to accept it but still want to offer something for it. It will be the biggest saw yet in my collection. Does anybody know much about this 72cc baby? Im exited. Thanks
N of 60

love mine

chaps001.jpg

she was like brand new when i got it two years go - the saw never bogs down

fyrwoodguy - that's awesome - thanks

imo a most excellent saw...I got 2 now. A 20" and 24" bar. I didn't care for the new EPA restrictions on the upcoming saws so when an opportunity presented itself to get another 272 I took it. With the 16" bar on the 041 I should be good to go saw wise till I keel over.

Thanks for all the info guys. Iam just heading out now to pick up some fire wood he has offered me and a chance to run the saw on the trees we are going to fall and buck into 6 foot lengths. Ill be bringing it home and get some photo's of it with the rest of the saw family. UG UG. I got him a $100 dollar gift certificate at a local sushi bar. Thanks again. Im even more exited due to your input. :coolsmile: Cheers
N of 60

OMG,... All Ive had so far is a 22" spruce to give it a go. With a fresh chain, full chisel and a 24" bar it came with, I have found that I cant even load it up. Time to remove the rakers? Its fast enough for me. Kinda overkill for the type of wood I can give it. Pretty cool though. :coolsmile: The old 266 has met its match, which I think has been a perfect saw for me. Time to get my photo updated.
N of 60

Saws got plenty of power, most of the time ...like 80% I'm just using 1/2 trigger pull to cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.