Husky 346 xp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jlove1974 said:
smokinjay said:
jlove1974 said:
tool for the task...some people need a 8lb sledge to drive roofing nails dude.
Also, arguing on the internet is like the special olympics you know ;)

And what your running you darn sure dont have a dog in this fight!

Ya like was said before, tool for the task. I am waiting for my Makita to time out at Home Depot

http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/1/815919.1131742469560.internet_arguing.jpg

yea you and your jersy's will rule the world!

smokinjay said:
jlove1974 said:
smokinjay said:
jlove1974 said:

Ya like was said before, tool for the task. I am waiting for my Makita to time out at Home Depot

http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/1/815919.1131742469560.internet_arguing.jpg

Whatever stalker. Don't breed

jlove1974 said:
smokinjay said:
jlove1974 said:
smokinjay said:
jlove1974 said:

Whatever stalker. Don't breed

lol, forgot this was a makita thread.

jlove1974 said:
my neighbor owns a Husky saw, does that count? They must breed jackasses in Anderson

Lol is this all you got name calling because you sure dont know a whole lot. Other than that.

jlove1974 said:
I know willie envy compensates with bar length and you have quite a few long ones in your sig

lol, you have the envy my saws are for hire. I am done you have nothing to offer!

evidently school must have been out for months when you were a kid. because reading the original posts isn't your forte is it?
It's already been stated that hearth.com is for residential wood-burning mainly. The OP asked a question, and many contributed.
So talk about not having a dog in this fight would be calling the kettle black. Youre a class A resident troll

Try your troll-fu at arboristsite

jlove1974 said:
evidently school must have been out for months when you were a kid. because reading the original posts isn't your forte is it?
It's already been stated that hearth.com is for residential wood-burning mainly. The OP asked a question, and many contributed.
So talk about not having a dog in this fight would be calling the kettle black. Youre a class A resident troll

lol the 70cc and the 50cc saw is where this got started. A 70cc saw with a top handle or 30-35cc saw is much faster. Now for name calling and trolling THATS YOU!

smokinjay said:
TMonter said:
smokinjay said:
CSAW said:
smokinjay said:
If you have a 70cc or bigger why in the world would you want a 50cc saw....just saying!

If you had a job that required a 1/4" inch drive ratchet would you use a 1/2" drive?

Ratchets have nothing to do with cutting through timber. 70cc is only 2 lb's heavier 28-32 inch bar and I dont even need to bend or reach.
There is nothing a 50cc saw can do better than a 70-80 NOTHING! Get the best saw in your hand and USE IT.............

I beg to differ. When I'm limbing a tree or in tight quarters I'll be at least twice as fast with my 346XP 16" than I will with the 372 and a 24" bar. The saw is more nimble and has better balance for the task.

top handle is even quicker......

For solely limbing while on a ladder or the like yes, but when it's a firewood saw on the ground and you're able to use it to limb and to buck the 50cc saw is better all around. I'd buy a top handle saw if I could find a good one on craigslist for cheap but I wouldn't purchase one new for firewood cutting even in a two-saw plan.

Unless you're in really big wood a 50cc and a 70-80cc saw seems to be the best combination for most firewood situations.

smokinjay said:
jlove1974 said:

lol the 70cc and the 50cc saw is where this got started. A 70cc saw with a top handle or 30-35cc saw is much faster. Now for name calling and trolling THATS YOU!

OP asked about a 50cc 346xp. point out in the thread where you offered him some help. JACKASS! lol

TMonter said:
Unless you're in really big wood a 50cc and a 70-80cc saw seems to be the best combination for most firewood situations.

smokinjay is into really big wood, just ask him about his bar lengths lol

TMonter said:
smokinjay said:
TMonter said:
smokinjay said:
CSAW said:
smokinjay" date="1295466841 said:
If you have a 70cc or bigger why in the world would you want a 50cc saw....just saying!

If you had a job that required a 1/4" inch drive ratchet would you use a 1/2" drive?

Ratchets have nothing to do with cutting through timber. 70cc is only 2 lb's heavier 28-32 inch bar and I dont even need to bend or reach.
There is nothing a 50cc saw can do better than a 70-80 NOTHING! Get the best saw in your hand and USE IT.............

I beg to differ. When I'm limbing a tree or in tight quarters I'll be at least twice as fast with my 346XP 16" than I will with the 372 and a 24" bar. The saw is more nimble and has better balance for the task.

top handle is even quicker......

For solely limbing while on a ladder or the like yes, but when it's a firewood saw on the ground and you're able to use it to limb and to buck the 50cc saw is better all around. I'd buy a top handle saw if I could find a good one on craigslist for cheap but I wouldn't purchase one new for firewood cutting even in a two-saw plan.

I have been that route 180,260 then a 361. even the 361 just could not compete enough to justify it. Once you throw a top handle in the mix things change in the way you do it. Not saying a 50cc bad just not as quick and really not light enough to justify grabbing it jmo.

jlove1974 said:
TMonter said:

smokinjay is into really big wood, just ask him about his bar lengths lol

Anyone with the internet name “jlove†is ,,,,, well,,,,,,,,,, how should I say,,,,,,,,,,,,, I don’t want to offend anyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, “SPECIAL†!

Looks like some people were really bored today. I worked my butt off while you guys were bickering.

mywaynow said:
Looks like some people were really bored today. I worked my butt off while you guys were bickering.

lol, sorry fricken to cold here to even get the saws running.

jlove1974 said:
smokinjay said:
mywaynow said:

lol, sorry fricken to cold here to even get the saws running. And I am still a douchebag

Oh you would have to improve a bit. Dream big. Did you get your feeling hurt over a pair of gloves I am sorry.......

nope just tiring of you sh!tting all over my threads and comments. You are a d-bag of the first order.
What are you smokin jay? Poles I assume. BTW my username is an amalgam of my name and a year

jlove1974 said:
nope just tiring of you sh!tting all over my threads and comments. You are a d-bag of the first order.
What are you smokin jay? Poles I assume. BTW my username is an amalgam of my name and a year

sorry you feel that way still love you jlove! Will be sure not to anwser any of your threads.

jlove1974 said:

Your threads already kind of stunk buddy...... claiming all Husky owners are queers or that the saws made by Husqvarna are somehow not on the same level as Stihl. Anyone in the "know", even if they prefer Stihl's would never make a stupid statement like that. You lost any and all credibility with me quickly and continue to do so.

HittinSteel said:
jlove1974 said:

Your threads already kind of stunk buddy...... claiming all Husky owners are queers or that the saws made by Husqvarna are somehow not on the same level as Stihl. Anyone in the "know", even if they prefer Stihl's would never make a stupid statement like that. You lost any and all credibility with me quickly and continue to do so.
lol. desiring credibility on an internet forum is like a bear sh!ttin in the words and looking for toilet paper. observe my avatar

What is it with you and your offensive analogies? Do you lack the communicative skills to respond appropriately?
Oh, and please stop complaining about the little digs here and there--they're a part of the playful nature of this site.

S

thinkxingu said:
What is it with you and your offensive analogies? Do you lack the communicative skills to respond appropriately?
Oh, and please stop complaining about the little digs here and there--they're a part of the playful nature of this site.

S

Ah I see you are a peanut-gallery contributor from New Hampshire. Live free, eat s__t and die. Just being playful

Jeese. Lets see what you can make of mine. Just interested (playfully). Give it your best shot (really). I might be able to use the material else where.

Oh even I gotta say it: Huskies are great saws.

Status
Not open for further replies.