Husky 346xp can with E-Tech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n1st

Jun 3, 2007
Enfield, CT
Before I ordered this Husky, I asked if they were E-Tech and was told they were not. But the one they shipped says E Tech on the side. Is this an issue? Is non-E-Tech better (I don't live in CA)? ...wondering if I should return it...

The E-Tech is the same saw with a Cat Muffler. It can be made into a non e-tech version by swapping the muffler for the DF version which costs about $35. It would also likely have to be readjusted on the carb.

Nothing wrong with the e-tech version it just runs hotter than the non e-tech version. A cooler saw will last longer so swapping out the muffler at some point isn't a bad idea.

...thanks. Why the E-Tech? Is it required in some states?

Status
Not open for further replies.