husky 350

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drbond

I was given a brand new Husky 350 saw. It appears that it came from a Lowes, as paper was in box with note on date and place where I think it was purchased. Is this a "Lowes special" just built for them, or is it a pretty good saw? It's my first Husky, and it does work good, had it out last weekend and cut up some big stuff, used all of the 18" bar and it did run/cut good.

Thanks,
Bondo©

The 350 is not a Lowe's special, although Lowe's does sell it. It is one of the saws still made by Husky in Sweden. Its not a rebadged Poulan, or whatever the cheaper ones are. I bought one back in July or August from a local dealer who will service it for me. I've taken down two trees and cut up about 3 others that were already knocked down with it. Its worked very well for me so far. I'm sure some of the other people will be along soon to say its no Husky 346XP or something like that, :) but for the price it felt like the right first saw for me. It gets a little heavy after 2 hours of use, but that's probably because I'm getting tired more than the fault of the saw.

Let me know if you have any questions on it.
Eric

Thanks Eric,
My main question was if I can take it to the Husky dealer if I need to get it worked on. I know some of them will not take saws sold at discount stores. Like you, I know it's not the best saw, but for what I need and use it for, so far I think it will work out for me, AND the price was right. Helped this person move, as her husband passed away, and she just gave me the saw, as she didn't want to sell it, it's the last thing he bought just before he died, and she wanted to see it go to someone who whould appreciate it. I felt kind of bad just taking it, but was honered that she thought that I was worthy enought to give it to.

Bondo©

I understand. The way my dealer put it was that he will repair saws bought at the big box stores, but they will always be at the back of the queue. IOW, if someone brings in something bought from him it'll be a higher priority than the one bought somewhere else. I would try to explain the situation to whomever when you take it in for service and see if they'll cut you some slack since you didn't buy it.

Eric

Nothing wrong with the 350. It's a good consumer model that should serve you well.

That is the saw I recommended to a buddy of mine. He purchased the saw form a local dealer. He has been happy with the saw he uses it for scrounging wood also this summer I dropped a bunch of trees for him at his house and he sawed all that up with it.
He has been very happy with the saw so far!

Craig

That 350 husky is a great saw for you. Take care of it and it will last a long time. Dont forget to wear you'r PPE.

Very good saw drbond , do proper maintaince to the saw and you will get a long life out of her. Keep the chains sharp and the safety gear on (on you PPE ).

I bought the Husky 350 from a local dealer last spring. It's my first gas-powered chain saw, and I like it a lot. I'm good for about two tanks of gas with it, and then I split wood for awhile. I run one more tank of gas, split some more wood, and then I sleep very well that night. The only personal protection equipment that I was missing were steel toed boots. Got those last week for my b-day present. My wife is getting with the program. :)

Thanks for all the replies. I use it also up at the Deleware Water Gap National Forest to help clear trails, so I have all the govt. issued PPE stuff, and I am certified with them on all of their classes too. I can say it sure is impressive to see their demonstration of the chaps. They use a stuffed dummy with chaps on and run a 21" bar saw wide open and put it down on the chaps, and to see it stop that saw that way and not even tear the dummy, it is quite impressive. It will leave a nasty bruise, but that is sure better than the other outcome!
Thanks again for the info, and I do look forward to many good years of service. If it lasts half as long as my old Lombard, I'll be happy!

Bondo©

Status
Not open for further replies.