Husky 359 or MS 391?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad S.

Nov 27, 2007
West Bend WI
Got the $550 saved so please argue what the better saw is. 391- 14lbs, 20" 4.4 horse.....359 12 lbs 20" 3.9 horse. I also have a poulan 36cc with a 16" on it....
Whats better .5 horse less and 2 lbs less or .5 horse more and 2 lbs more. I am a classic American and think Bigger IS BETTER!! I want your comments.

I would look more at the dealers is on better then the other???

O and I'm die hard stihl so I vote ms 391...........................Bigger is always better ;)

Oh this is easy 391 or a 390 65cc a little muff mod and you can gain a lot on the stihl saws...shhhhh did i say that out loud

Can't believe no one's said this yet: 361! You can probably find one for $599: 12.3# and 4.4hp beats 'em both hands down. And it'll cure cancer.

S

ok 2 saws to pick from here! yes the 372 a hot choice and the 361 also good.....but given those two saw the 391

If possible, test run both.
I'm a die hard fan of what feels good when I use it.
Either would last & last if taken care of.

I'm with Smokinjay & hinkxingu.
I'd look t the 361 (pro grade) if you haven't. Light weight with good reviews.
being discontinued so may get a deal.

I would go with the Stihl (and don't mind the 2lbs).

Tony H said:
I would go with the Stihl (and don't mind the 2lbs).

really? lol

smokinjay said:
ok 2 saws to pick from here! yes the 372 a hot choice and the 361 also good.....but given those two saw the 391

Sorry jay , lol i had to say it. Ill give it to ya, the 359 is a nice saw cuts good ,handles well but i would choose the 361 over the 359.

raven said:
smokinjay said:

Sorry jay , lol i had to say it. Ill give it to ya, the 359 is a nice saw cuts good ,handles well but i would choose the 361 over the 359.

lol OP two choices if given all 4 saws it would be the 372

As far as that goes you could always try and hook up with a Ms 440 they were like 14 lbs and 5.3 HP . Then when you feel like you are out growing it do a muffler mod and or a 460 big bore kit

webie said:
As far as that goes you could always try and hook up with a Ms 440 they were like 14 lbs and 5.3 HP . Then when you feel like you are out growing it do a muffler mod and or a 460 big bore kit

or get the 460 and do the same thing lol it is endless...lol

Jay you think its going to be possible to muffler mod these new strato engines without destroying them ?

webie said:
Jay you think its going to be possible to muffler mod these new strato engines without destroying them ?

I would run them for what there worth gas mileage. Never ran one yet but given what little I do know there going to out cut a modd. work saw because you don't have to stop as often given a 40hr week....now in dirty wood it could put them in a disadvantage. With that said I would want to run one for a while before doing any modds. because there hp is up over the saw there replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.