husky 435 problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjm1017

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2012
Corapeake NC
I have a husky 435 that won't start all of a sudden. I've been cutting for a couple hours taking breaks and letting the saw have a break too now it won't start up. Its been running good all day and now it acts like its flooded or something. I let it sit for about 20 minutes and tried again but no luck. It started to turn over a couple times but nothing does anybody have any suggestions on what to do or look for?

A few suggestions that you can try quickly. For the quickest checks, make sure that you have gas ;) and opening the gas cap to vent tank will solve vapor lock issue if present. Check for good spark, be sure air filter not clogged, check muffler spark screen and make sure not clogged, and fuel filter may be clogged. These are the simplest things to check first - more to do if these don't work (fuel line, carb, etc.). Let us know what you find. Cheers!

Sounds flooded. Remove the spark plug and pull the engine over. When it stops spewing, reinstall the plug and start the saw but do not use choke.

Helps also to dry plug either compressed air or spray it with catb cleaner and then blow it or let dry and put it in.

Sorry Ive been gone and havent updated this. Thanks for the replies after I posted this thread I tried one more time and it finally fired up I dont know why or how but it did. This has happened a couple times before its running fine and then bam I take a break and go back and it wont start. Next time Ill try some of the things yall suggested thanks again for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.