1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

husky 435 problem

Post in 'The Gear' started by mattjm1017, Aug 31, 2013.

1. mattjm1017

mattjm1017 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    I have a husky 435 that won't start all of a sudden. I've been cutting for a couple hours taking breaks and letting the saw have a break too now it won't start up. Its been running good all day and now it acts like its flooded or something. I let it sit for about 20 minutes and tried again but no luck. It started to turn over a couple times but nothing does anybody have any suggestions on what to do or look for?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    A few suggestions that you can try quickly. For the quickest checks, make sure that you have gas ;) and opening the gas cap to vent tank will solve vapor lock issue if present. Check for good spark, be sure air filter not clogged, check muffler spark screen and make sure not clogged, and fuel filter may be clogged. These are the simplest things to check first - more to do if these don't work (fuel line, carb, etc.). Let us know what you find. Cheers!
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Sounds flooded. Remove the spark plug and pull the engine over. When it stops spewing, reinstall the plug and start the saw but do not use choke.
  4. clemsonfor

clemsonfor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    Helps also to dry plug either compressed air or spray it with catb cleaner and then blow it or let dry and put it in.
  5. mattjm1017

mattjm1017 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    Sorry Ive been gone and havent updated this. Thanks for the replies after I posted this thread I tried one more time and it finally fired up I dont know why or how but it did. This has happened a couple times before its running fine and then bam I take a break and go back and it wont start. Next time Ill try some of the things yall suggested thanks again for the tips.