1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Husky 51 flywheel removal

Post in 'The Gear' started by Butcher, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Butcher

Butcher Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N. central Ia.
    I need to replace 1 of the recoil pawls on my 51. None of my 3 jaw pullers will fit the flywheel to remove it. I'm sure there is probably a special puller for the job but not sure were to look to find 1. I could probably make 1 myself if I at least had a picture to go off of. Any ideas? Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Butcher, where the hell have ya been all summer?:oops: I have used some "less-than-conventional" methods to take flywheels off of saws before, some of them a little "risky" to the saw. Have you checked over on AS site?

Found this one on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-F..._Watercraft_Parts&hash=item3f1bdfbb07&vxp=mtr

Might be your best bet. Nice thing about this puller is you can use it for any other small engine stuff you may work on in the future. It's universal.
  3. Butcher

Butcher Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N. central Ia.
    I guess all I had to do was a google search to find out how to do it. Flywheels off. Kinda a scary moment tho. Somethin bout hittin 1 of my saws with a hammer that scares me.
    Thistle and ScotO like this.
  4. Butcher

Butcher Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N. central Ia.
    Been busy with work fighten this damned drought and heat we've had. Lotsa time in the garden too. I ended up useing a hammer and a pliers aproach. Not a good meathod for the faint of heart tho.
  5. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Like I said, I too have done the "unconventional" method of removal. I didn't want to suggest that one, but I see you've found it anyway! Glad your saw survived! Good to see you back on Hearth.com.