Husky 545

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perchin

Nov 30, 2010
I'm about to pull the trigger on this saw... I've searched and searched about auto-tune and can't find much. Does anyone have any real world experience with it yet? Sounds good in theory, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Autotune on a non-XP saw? Interesting Indeed.

No first hand exp here but every word I've heard has been positive for the AutoTune saws.

EDIT: Any reason you like the 545 better than the 550XP?

Head on over to the arboristsite.com. There is enough reading for several days. Bottom Line is the auto tune is great and save a few extra pennies for a 550XP.

Are you not happy with your 450? The 545 will be stronger, but not enough to convince me to spend the extra $$$. What size wood are you cutting? I'd be making the jump to a bigger saw. I agree with the 550xp suggestion though. Autotune is sweet.

I used my fathers saw with auto tune and that thing rips like a bad boy ! One heck of a saw ::-)

Pete

I have a 550xp with the Autotune.. before this little hot rod, I used 70cc saws for my firewood duties.. this thing has taken the place of them.... I still have them, but for 20" and under you can't beat it.

Reactions: Dairyman
One aspect that some buyers would consider an advantage that the 545 has over the 550xp is the warranty. The 545 has a 2 year, vs the 550xp at 6 months. And while it used to be for consumers buying an xp model, they got the full 2 year warranty, but that's no the case any longer. You buy any XP model, you get 6 months.

That and cost are what drove me to buy the 555 vs the 562xp.

I personally don't think the warrenty matters. If something under warrenty is going to show up, it will show up in the first six months. 6 months of pro use is more than firewood cutters will cut in a lifetime.

Don't be fooled by the warrenty either. Husqvarna or stihl isn't going to warrent something after gas has sat in it
For a year anyways

To answer the questions about why the 545... to me it was all about vibration, My right hand has some serious pains from past injuries and I lose control and feeling with excessive vibration. I used to have the 455 rancher and switched to the 450 for less vibration. Now that the 545 is out, I tried that out and fell in love with the dealer demo. Back to the power of the 455 and also the 20" bar... not to mention the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.