Husky 55 auction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgcsalsero

Feeling the Heat
Mar 15, 2006
ClevelandRocks
This saw was stolen and recovered, would like to bid on it (silent local auction) but have no idea
what a reasonable price is . . . I can get a look at it tomorrow . .

Any tips/advice appreciated, Thanks

Attachments

• CAG8382636-061403_775_1.jpg
    CAG8382636-061403_775_1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 375
  • CAG8382636-061403_775_2.jpg
    CAG8382636-061403_775_2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 431
I paid $200 a couple of years ago for a Model 55 that was in much better condition than this one appears to be. You can tell by the wear on the bar that it was used extensively for bucking logs close in. That makes the saw run hot because the muffler exhaust goes out the front, and the wood blows it back towards the engine. So I wouldn't bid very much for it. May $100 tops. Maybe less.

What's Roospike have to say?

BTW, the Model 55 is a very good saw.

Thanks Eric, I'll look for that kind of wear & tear, probably bid no higher than $50 if it looks like it wasn't taken care of, assuming the Rancher 455 is the 'buy new' equivalent . . $300+

There is another saw that I didn't post . . it's a monster Stihl . .just for a look see maybe I'll post the pics of that early a.m. tomorrow

Eric Johnson said:
I paid $200 a couple of years ago for a Model 55 that was in much better condition than this one appears to be. You can tell by the wear on the bar that it was used extensively for bucking logs close in. That makes the saw run hot because the muffler exhaust goes out the front, and the wood blows it back towards the engine. So I wouldn't bid very much for it. May $100 tops. Maybe less.

What's Roospike have to say?

BTW, the Model 55 is a very good saw.

I'll second E.J.

The 55 was a popular saw , not an awesome saw but a good saw for an average homeowner in its day.
They were so popular it kinda makes them a dime a dozen as well.

I purchased a 55 in simaliar condition to this one. After a compression check and a new ring this is the best saw that I own. Parts are available and this is a breeze to work on.I would bib not over $100. If I could find one new in a box I would take it. Stay away from the 455.It has a bad following as it is over weight, the case is all plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.