Husky 55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sblat

Nov 3, 2010
Haslett, MI
I am thinking of picking up a Husky 55 from a guy on C-list. I have a 345e that i really like, and with an agressive chain really cuts well. I have not had that many situations that the 345 wouldnt cut it. This saw is a step up cc wise, 45 to 53. If I can get it for $100 should I jump on it, or wait for something else to come along. Again, I don't "NEED" the saw, but the extra power and bar length might be nice. Thanks for the advice.

Steve

Dont know husky well but a good running saw for a Hundo I would be a buyer!

Just spoke with the guy a little more in depth. He says he has had the saw for 5 years, it worked like a champ. But now he has not been able to get it to run. He has an extra bar and 6 chains. He told me he has gotten his money out of the saw, and if I want it he will let it go for between $25 and $50. Is this worth the risk? Pro, if I can get it running and have less than $100 into it, con not getting it to run, and being out of my money.

RUN, Don't walk! Go get it. Hell, the chains are worth that.

MasterMech said:
RUN, Don't walk! Go get it. Hell, the chains are worth that.

LOL if he dont I will....

Go get it, odds are strongly in your favor its a simple problem, but even if it isn't, you'll make a profit just by selling the chains.

6 chains he's a hot lap-per! ;-)

You only have one saw , a back up for a $100 is tough to beat, 455 is a pretty good saw, may become your primary one.
20" bar means less bending. May have a buddy that wants to come help , you have a saw he can use.
Lots of good reasons to have 2 saws.

Buy it!!! I love my Husky 55--it's my go to saw that I use the most. Always starts right up well-balanced, really a great saw. If and when I get into the bigger stuff I break out my Stihl 440 magnum--the beast!! lol

NP

Thanks for all the thoughts. Scheduled to check it out today, guy emails me this morning and said he had a guy buy it for parts and came right out yesterday and bought the damn thing. You snooze you looze, but does erk me a little bit, since we scheduled me to drive out and get it, and he sold it from under me. Oh well, something else will turn up. Thanks again guys!

One thing I've learned about craigslist, if you find a deal you should be ready to move on it quickly with cash in hand. Ask too many questions and spend toolong looking a gift horse in the mouth and the seller is going to take the other guy up on his offer to come pick it up right now, no questions asked.

There will be another opportunity, they just keep coming and coming periodically. Have to be patient and be ready to move on it if you see it.

Thats the truth...It started as one of those things that if it worked out cool, but if not no big deal. Then the more I thought about it, the more excited I got. Oh well, something else will come up eventually.

It always does.

Got a nice 3 way subwooker box a few weeks ago with 3 10" subs in it for $30 from a lady whose live in boyfriend left it in the living room when he bailed on her. Then just a few days later I picked up a non-running 346XP for $75 that needed the all the screws to be tightened and the plug regapped and now its a runner. Been totally dry since then, nothing worth even e-mailing about, but I check a couple times a day because when a good deal comes you've got to be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.