Husky 555's first load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pen

There are some who call me...mod.
Staff member
Aug 2, 2007
N.E. Penna
Got the new saw in today. Had fun doing the break-in and the first impressions are very good.

I've always done well with my 350, but was really impressed with how much time this saved and how easy it was on some of the bigger hardwood. I think it was just the right step up for what I do.

Did have some "length control" issues as I was getting used to the 20 inch bar, but I'll get better.

Debating going back to the woods after supper for a second load for some more practice ::-)

Here's the proof.

DSCN0007[1].JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0006[1].JPG
    DSCN0006[1].JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 147
Congrats ! Very nice saw !

Reactions: pen
Pen,

Could you tell the difference as the Autotune dialed in the saw?

MM

Thanks for the review . . . I'll be following this one for consideration of a future purchase of my own.

Nice saw Pen - interested in the Autotune impressions as well!

Cheers!

Auto tune.... Love it or hate it. It's coming.

Very nice Pen.

On a sidetrack, I seen a bracket that mounts to the 350 muff on FeeBay. Similar to the 372, 576, 395 models. Pretty cheap. Just figured I'd throw it out there. Also seen an entire muff assembly, w/ bracket for dirt cheap (Chicom)

Only have 2 tanks of gas through it so it's far from broken in. Only thing I noticed was that it was hard to re-fire hot the first time I shut the saw down about 1/2 way through the first tank. Re-started it hot probably 4 or 5 more times before I finished and noticed that it started better each time (first few times I needed to set the high idle to get it to fire). But not sure if that had to do with the autotune or the fact that it's just new.

The shop mentioned I might hear it skip or 4-stroke it when under high revs and light loads. I only noticed that on one of the last cuts of the day. So again, not sure if that was the autotune gettin' it's goove on or if it was finally able to open up as it's starting to loosen up.

I hope it works out to be as good a saw as it's little brother the 350 has been. That little sucker has run top-notch (with the exception of that damn muffler) since day one, each and every time.

Reactions: MasterMech
Auto tune.... Love it or hate it. It's coming.

Very nice Pen.

On a sidetrack, I seen a bracket that mounts to the 350 muff on FeeBay. Similar to the 372, 576, 395 models. Pretty cheap. Just figured I'd throw it out there. Also seen an entire muff assembly, w/ bracket for dirt cheap (Chicom)

Thanks. Hittinsteel put me on those last week and it's on the to do list. I had new muffler bolts and just threw them on with more loctite for the time being in case I need the 350 to bail me out.

Yep, time will tell with the auto tune. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: DexterDay
Sweet Pen. Sounds like the autotune was dialing in as you continued to cut.

Nice i have saw envy now ..thanks ;) Pen whats the cc and hp ratting How much ya got there under the deck.

Nice i have saw envy now ..thanks ;) Pen whats the cc and hp ratting How much ya got there under the deck.

Right close to 60cc (think it's 59.8) and 4.3 hp to the best of my memory.

There's a solid 2 years of wood worth under the deck which comes in at about 8 cord. I'm working on the wood for the back yard which is the 3rd year worth of wood on hand. Next year it will get cycled in under the deck and wait it's turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.