Husky leaks oil

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
My 455 leaks bar oil between uses. I've tried loosening the cap to release whatever vacuum might be there, doesn't seem to help. The saw is at least several years old

I recall reading somewhere that this is a common issue.

Is there a simple fix to this other than loosening the cap or draining the oil between uses?

My 455 leaks bar oil between uses. I've tried loosening the cap to release whatever vacuum might be there, doesn't seem to help. The saw is at least several years old

I recall reading somewhere that this is a common issue.

Is there a simple fix to this other than loosening the cap or draining the oil between uses?

well known problem, easy fix

Definitely a common issue. I have a husky 350 that leaks, and a 359 that never leaked until a couple weeks ago. It was sitting under my work bench and I just happened to glance at it, and there was oil on the floor. Thought it was odd, so I moved it over to see if it was just a fluke and now I have two oil spots. I’m not going to worry about it. I suppose it’s better than being clogged! Did you try YouTube yet? Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Definitely a common issue. I have a husky 350 that leaks, and a 359 that never leaked until a couple weeks ago. It was sitting under my work bench and I just happened to glance at it, and there was oil on the floor. Thought it was odd, so I moved it over to see if it was just a fluke and now I have two oil spots. I’m not going to worry about it. I suppose it’s better than being clogged! Did you try YouTube yet? Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have about 5 of the same oil spots in my barn. I now just set it on a couple peices of cardboard.

I'm gonna look for a video like Dodgy attached, hopefully with a little more detail.

You are right, it's much better than a clogged one, I have one of those, too. That's on my electric saw....

Reactions: saewoody
funny, i was just about to post this about my 445 :) Perfect timing