Husky YTH1848XP tractor,s transmission ..... nothing .Ugggg

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Husky YTH1848XP tractor,s transmission is ... nothing.
I'm getting noise .. It was working then nothing.
It's a Hydro gear
the numbers are ...166768 314-0510 over 2050 H2473

I think I have a leak were the two half's join.
How hard would this be to break apart and fix? praying.gif
What fluid should I use to refill?
Should I install a drain plug?
Thanks for the help thanku.gif
Sean

Hate to say this but my experience with relatively current lawn tractors has been - once the tranny goes south either replace it as an assembly or new mower time. The trannies are loaded with plastic parts which wear fairly quickly and heat being a factor as well. A lot of them use the Tufftorq units which haven't been doing too good over the long haul- don't know about your particular unit but a lot of the box store units are rebranded MTD mfg units.

I bought a rebuild kit from Tuff Torque directly ($200-$250) for my Craftsman Hydro. Was fairly easy. Found YouTube video of entire process.

Reactions: TreePointer
It's not real hard to split the case on a hydro-gear transaxle.

I just repaired an older hydro-gear in a craftsman. The output/brake shaft was sheared. Expensive part tho @ $125... easy fix once I had the transaxle out.

Hydro-gear is good with parts and manuals tho. One of the better ones to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.