Husky254

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osagebndr

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2014
Central Indiana
Picked up a husky 254 from a friend that was taking it to an auction for $10. A little carb adjustment and it was running and cutting good as new.also picked up 2x20' and 2x15' of heavy log chain from him for another $30. Anyway as this is my first husky I was wondering if any of y'all might have experience with this saw. I was only able to find info in the 254xp in the husky web site.

I've read the saw name started as a 254 and became a 254XP in the 1990s. Minor changes over the model years - eg: adding a flywheel air dam. The 254XP data should be a close alignment with your 254. Good score.

Reactions: Jon1270
Here's some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 162
$10 for that saw in that condition?? That qualifies for a major you suck. I'd be curious about the compression reading personally, but for $10 if it runs and cuts like new then I'm sure it has good compression. Nice score.

Reactions: Jon1270
Thanks Clyde . It's doing good so far. I haven't been on a good wood score lately tho and that'll be the test

Status
Not open for further replies.