Husq 141 saw leaking gas at plug?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimcoulee

Dec 11, 2007
western WI
Was having devil of a time getting this thing started. 50-100 pulls without firing. Ready to junk the thing. Just replaced fuel line, filter / pick up and spark plug. Got it to fire off, but now getting gas bubbling out from top of cylinder collecting around spark plug...also dripping near drive sprocket. Could carb be plugged open? cracked cyclinder? It's maybe 2-3 years old...light use until now. Any ideas? Great site, by the way. Enjoy reading about everyones projects / efforts to stay warm.

I'm gonna go with a carb problem. Try disassembling the carb and giving it a good overnight soak in some gasoline. Then buy and install a carb kit. A faulty metering lever will cause some serious flooding.

One caveat is you can do everything right and still not solve the problem with a carb kit. I'm 2 for 3 myself with carb rebuilds.

kim that's a disposable junk saw made for occasional homeowner use not for anyone dependent on serious wood production. Sorry to put it like that but now that I'm retired and no longer enslaved to the protocols of political correctness I call 'em like I see 'em.

kimcoulee said:
Was having devil of a time getting this thing started. 50-100 pulls without firing. Ready to junk the thing. Just replaced fuel line, filter / pick up and spark plug. Got it to fire off, but now getting gas bubbling out from top of cylinder collecting around spark plug...also dripping near drive sprocket. Could carb be plugged open? cracked cyclinder? It's maybe 2-3 years old...light use until now. Any ideas? Great site, by the way. Enjoy reading about everyones projects / efforts to stay warm.

What's your time worth? let alone parts that will probably have to be special ordered.
What if they still don't fix the problem?
When it is finally fixed, will you be happy with the saw or wish you had a better one?

Ouch Captn Janks...but you speak the truth. You know your saws...and mine. Got it running and dialed in...search begins for a "man saw". Any suggestions? Yes Dave, your Gov is prettier than all of ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.