Husquvarna 460 oil pump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnhome

Oct 13, 2008
Summit CO
The oil pump on my Husky 460 quit working. I have searched and googled to find that this is not uncommon. What I can't find is any info on how to clean and or repair the oil pump. Anyone know where I can find some photos, diagrams, instructions, etc?
Thanks,
Carl

If all the lines and the filter/pick-up check out good, I'd pull the clutch and check the nylon gear thats drives the pump.

Also may be able to find more info on ArborSite's chainsaw forums. Just be prepared to be told to trade it for a "pro"/XP model. Or ditch it for a Stihl, etc.... :p

IPL's/Parts for that saw are pretty easy to find online, PartsTree.com is one site.

I haven't found anything that shows me how to get to the oil pump. Just diagrams of the the parts. I did'nt want to have to just start tearing the saw apart if I could find some kind of procedure online for servicing the oil pump. Might have to try Arborsite. This saw is just a back up that I'd like to have in good operating condition.
Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.