husqvarna 223l carb question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Faustus

Minister of Fire
Hi, i recently was given a husqvarna 223l string strimmer. My brother gave up on lawn care. This is a nice unit but he let gas sit in there 2 yrs. It would not stay running when i fired it up on fresh gas. i took apart the carb, cleaned it but the screen in the carb is so bad it is uncleanable. i put it all back together without the screen and the unit runs perfectly now.

I ordered a new carb, which was only 23.00 vs 20 for a carb rebuild kit with a screen. my question is can i run this trimmer without the screen in place until the new carb gets here? or should i shelve it and wait the possible 2 weeks for the new carb to arrive?

thanks

For two weeks?? Run what ya brung. Just don't pour the bottom of the gas can into the tank. That is where most of the harmful junk will reside. Just my opinion.

Reactions: MasterMech
thanks, was hoping that was the answer. the fuel filter and air filter are clean and intact. this is by far the nicest string trimmer i've ever owned. my poulan pro was at least 15 pulls to start and maybe 15 lbs, ryobi 2 cycle would never stay running, and ryobi 4cycle ran ok but burned your arms with heat then covered you with oil each time.

husqvarna does none of this and its so light and well balanced.

Husky makes some awful nice trimmers indeed. Quiet and very lightweight. Quite the step up in quality from the models you mentioned you previously were tortured with!

Status
Not open for further replies.