Husqvarna 435 bogs down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b33p3r

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2008
NE Pa
Happy New Year. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. I have a Husqvarna 435 and its been running great for about a year now. Just recently though it bogs down and stalls whenever I try to make a horizontal cut. Like when I'm notching a tree. Vertical bar will run all day with no issues. Turn the bar to the horizontal and after about 20 seconds it bogs down and stalls. Changed fuel filter and inspected fuel line but still does the same thing. Any Ideas?

Make sure the filter on the end of the line is free to move and not hanging up inside the tank.

I'm not sure where the vent is on that model but check and clean it. The fuel pump needs to work harder when the vent is partially plugged and wetted because of the angle the saw is at. Is it the same regardless how much fuel is in the tank?

I'm not sure where the vent is either but I'll definatly find out and make sure it is clean.
The filter is not hung up inside the tank. That was actually one of my thoughts. And yes it always bogs down in the same amount of time whether the tank is full or 1/2 full or near empty. Thanks for the reply. I'll find the vent and clean it.

b33p3r said:
Happy New Year. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. I have a Husqvarna 435 and its been running great for about a year now. Just recently though it bogs down and stalls whenever I try to make a horizontal cut. Like when I'm notching a tree. Vertical bar will run all day with no issues. Turn the bar to the horizontal and after about 20 seconds it bogs down and stalls. Changed fuel filter and inspected fuel line but still does the same thing. Any Ideas?
I would suspect bad crank seals or seal. Try cutting horizontal & then turn the saw 180 again so it is horizontal & see if it still cuts out. Randy

Thanks everyone. It turned out to be the vent. Pushed a small piece of wire into it and immediately got a wiff of gas. Ran it and sawed horizontal with no issues. Thanks LLigetfa.
Singed, I should have mentioned I did try it in both horizontal positions and it still cut out. Thanks for helping. T really appreciate it.

Glad it was a cheap and easy fix. Treat yourself to a new chain with the money you thought you might have to spend.

You know, I think I will treat myself to a new chain. Great Idea. Gonna be cold next 2 months so why not cut faster!

Every time I think that a repair is going to cost me and it turns out to be chaeper than anticipated I spend some of what I saved on something else. It's a way to reward myself and one still needs to appease the Gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.