Husqvarna 450E for $270 shipped

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
image.jpg Vminnovations.com has the Husqvarna 450E 18" saw for $269 shipped free after promo code H6HAW768. I'm not sure but it seems to be good price for this saw and it rates good in the reviews I've seen.

That sounds like a bargain - its $959 here in Australia.........:(

Unbelievable..... i might have to invest in a container load.

upload_2014-2-10_13-9-0.png

I just looked,,,it is listed at $369
:(o_O:confused:

I can't comment on the saws for sale at $269, or the "e"version which has a tool-less chain adjustment, but I really like my 450. Yes, there are other saws out there, no, it's not a "pro" level saw... But, it does everything I want it to. It runs great, starts easy, and I'm very happy. If I ever up graded, I'd still keep it around. $269 is a great price. I paid $349 for my 450 w/18" bar from a local fleet supply store. They assembled one, fueled it, added bar oil and had it running before I left the store. No surprises when I got it home.

DSCF8743 - Copy.JPG

Likewise to Erik. I didn't go with the e series because it seemed pointless unless you were planning on being up a tree. I simply cut trees that fit my bar and have absolutely no complaints on this saw. It does what I need and when I need it and the basic maintenance is easy enough. I slip the tensioning tool in my back pocket and adjust as needed in a few extra seconds. When I was buying it from the local husky dealer, the guy pretty much said if I'm not cutting huge trees or ten cords a year, this saw was more than enough. Pleased he didn't try to upsell on saw or features.

I ordered one with the coupon code Wednesday and it was supposed to be delivered today but fedex must have got stuck in the snow in PA because it hasn't moved since they got it. From the reviews online it seems like it should be a good saw.

Reactions: WiscWoody
I bought a 240e in 2008 and the saw has been very dependable. I use it a lot for kindling, small limbs, and cutting pallets.
I was never a fan of the tool-less tensioner, so I swapped it out with a standard cover & adjuster for less than $15.00.
Good luck with your 450e.

Reactions: wendortb
Status
Not open for further replies.