Husqvarna 460? Anyone here use this saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
The Husqy 460's with a 24" bar are on sale here for $470.00.
Anyone here using this saw? Is this a good deal?
I cut about 5 cords a year. Thanks!

If I was looking at a 460 husky 60cc saw the 20 inch bar would be a better fit. The power will be some what close to your 260.

I have this saw , 20" bar is all I need pulls good except in locust( other thread) I have been happy so far

What size bar do you run on the 260? If you are expecting the 460 to be a good all around 24" bar saw, I would look elsewhere. You can get in to a very nice used pro saw for that money. As said above, 20" would be the max for it in my opinion unless you are cutting only softwoods and run skip chain.

I had one with the 24" bar and it was fine in softwood(Doug Fir, Alder). Most here will tell you not to run that bar on a 60cc saw though. By fine, I mean it will do it. Not with authority, but it will do it. I will add that I was not overly impressed with that saw as it was heavy and underpowered for being 60cc.

20" Max Bar... IMO. The 460 is Only a couple cc's larger than my 455 ($399 Brand new w/20"). My 455 is only about 7 cc's smaller than my 036. But the 036 with a 20" Full Chisel is a beast. I am going to put a 18" on mine soon. It can do 20". But my 036 has a 25" and it can do it, but it CAN DO a 20" better. So the 455 is good w/ 20", but Great w/ 18". 460 may pull it a lil better (Couple of cc's more). So I would do 20" max. That and my 25" makes the 036 REALLY nose heavy. Im sure some will agree on the "Nose" wieght and the Power issue. A 20" Bar will cut a Large tree, if hit from both sides.

I run an 18" on the 260.
Sounds like i should look for a used one for about the same price?
Would like a 24" bar due to being 6'5". When i have used these in the past it saves the back a bit.
Thanks for the replies!

Wait for the 560 to come out, it will pull a 24" chain with enough authority to put a grin on your face...or go for a 357 with a 20". I also prefer a longer bar because of my height!

Status
Not open for further replies.