Husqvarna 480 cd

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
When I stopped in at a friend's welding and repair shop yesterday on the way home from work I remembered to ask him about larger chainsaws as I continue to toy with the concept of milling lumber.

Lo and behold he says follow me and we walk to the back of the shop and he pulls out a very dusty Husqvarna 480 cd. It has what at first glance seems to be complete with a 36 bar and chain on it, other than a chain brake, which it may not have had to start with.

Compression is firm and it will be sold only if the owner gets it working.

He has named a price of $100 if he gets it going. My intent would be to have it for only the largest firewood in our woodlot and for strapping it into an Alaskan mill.

I welcome thoughts, warnings, advice or encouragement.

LOL I had to look that one up!

That is a NASTY sounding saw. For $100, running, it sounds like a winner.

[youtube]L4wQuGSI30s[/youtube]

Does he have anymore at that price? If so, let me know please:D

Holy crap I'd scrape up another $100 for one & I'm not even wanting another saw that size :D

I have been working on and off this weekend to post "stuff" for sale to a local message board to sell to get some unused items off the yard and some cash in hand for the saw and for an Alaskan mill. We have logs already up off the ground ready to experiment with. We also have access to a large amount of ash in our woodlot.

The other thing I am toying with is working with a couple of friends who have tree service companies. We are considering offering an option to their clients of turning "heirloom" or memory trees into lumber on site...... for a price of course. But of course I am way ahead of myself. Life in the country is full of opportunity but when one has a full time job and kids in multiple activities and a house that is unfinished, picking up yet another hobby or activity is likely not wise but it sure is fun to dream.

And sorry, I don't think he has any other saws that fit the bill. I do know where there are a few larger saws but I have found out that they are not for sale.... trust me I have asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.