Husqvarna 555

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ampamp

Hearth Supporter
Oct 31, 2010
Buffalo - Rochester
I think this is Husqy's new addition to the 60cc market. I'm thinking about complimenting my 350 with this saw. Anybody have one or have some thoughts? Is it a pro saw (xp)? My other options is to get a 346XP. I'm starting to have some problems with my 350....oil pump is dead....so it's starting to nickel and dime me. I'm guessing the 346xp is pretty much the same saw, so the performance will be close. I know it has a metal crankcase, etc. and it revs higher, but was thinking only of the 555 since it's a bit more saw.

Just some added info too. Bottom line...looking for a really good firewood saw. I cut a lot of firewood and was considering going up from the 50cc class of saws. I clear a fair bit of property with it too, but firewood is it's main chore. I'm a big Husqy fan, but with having to replace the oil pump and a few other minor issues over the years....I may be swayed to a Stihl....mS361? Not sure. I would like to go another round with Husqy, but we'll see. The 346XP seems like a heck of a saw. I know a 350 that I have is more homeowner grade...so I really shouldn't complain, but was hoping for some good input for another saw.

555 is not technically a "pro" saw, the 562 XP is the pro version. The 555 is replacing the 359 and from my reading is getting very good reviews. I imagine it is a sweet setup with an 18" for firewood cutting. If I was looking at a new saw it would be the 555 (actually the 562XP because I'm a saw snob :coolsmile: )

Status
Not open for further replies.