Husqvarna and Echo beware!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not willing to risk my machine with this theory... For the record I mix one ratio for all engines even though the machines ask for 40:1 and 50:1. I choose the 40:1.

I think all of my machines are 50:1, except one that's 40:1 and one that's 32:1. The pre-mix bottles I buy are 50:1, and I'm not going to bother doing the math to figure how to mix one 32:1. If the 40:1 or 32:1 machines burn up... good riddance! I can replace them with modern 50:1 machines, and continue not thinking about how much oil I run in them. ;lol

I think all of my machines are 50:1, except one that's 40:1 and one that's 32:1. The pre-mix bottles I buy are 50:1, and I'm not going to bother doing the math to figure how to mix one 32:1. If the 40:1 or 32:1 machines burn up... good riddance! I can replace them with modern 50:1 machines, and continue not thinking about how much oil I run in them. ;lol

You might be waiting a long time for those machines to grenade on 50:1. I wonder if they ever really needed 32:1. I don't buy those little premix bottles for a couple of reasons. I also don't buy antifreeze prediluted with water, or roundup ready to use. Math is fun!

I have 32, 40, 50 to 1 stuff. I have been using 50 to 1 as the mix in the last couple years.

Followup: I brought my echo to a well recommended dealer last week. A bit of a ride from my house but better than getting lousy service from a dealer 3 miles away. 1-1/2 hours later they called me and said I have water in my fuel and signs of rust in or about the carb. due to the water. He also informed me that it is quite likely echo would not cover the work under warranty due to the water.
Now my first thought was, "why did the original dealer have my saw for 2 weeks and not realize there was water in the fuel?"
My second thought was "I'm an idiot", because I have left the fuel container out in the weather not covered. Went out and poured some fuel in a glass and sure enough....Water!
Called the dealer back and told him I know it was my fault but fix the saw whether under warranty or not. Said it would be 150.00 if new carb needed. Well got called back today and was told the saw is ready and Echo "DID" cover it under warranty. I never expected that!
Imagine that. Same gas can that I used with the husky so now I wonder if water in the fuel cooked my husky?
Lesson learned! All fuel containers never to be left out in the weather. When I'm done cutting that go back under cover no matter what.
Thanks for all the replies!
Some answers to previous questions: I do use the manufacturers oil to mix with my fuel. The small bottles that you mix with 1 gallon of gas.
I have never adjusted my carb settings other than tweaking the throttle. Never messed with the Hi-Lo because I didn't know how to set them. I had a friend explain the process to me just recently so I will give it a shot next time I feel it needs it...unless it's still under warranty. Don't want to void that by doing something else stupid. Thanks again.

A couple lessons learned . . . never leave the gas can out in the rain . . . and continue to do business with the one place that treated you right since not only did they correctly diagnose the problem, but they went to bat with you to get the free work done under warranty.

A couple lessons learned . . . never leave the gas can out in the rain . . . and continue to do business with the one place that treated you right since not only did they correctly diagnose the problem, but they went to bat with you to get the free work done under warranty.

jake, I'm with you on both accounts. This gentleman's business is 20 miles from me but from this point on I will buy all my equipment from him and have him do all repairs I cannot handle myself. It's so rare to have a company go to bat for you especially when you bring in a piece of equipment you bought somewhere else! Also echo warrantied it when they didn't have to. And quite frankly I wouldn't have blamed them! I am now an echo loyalist as long as they keep producing quality products!
Now if we could get the car manufacturers to.............never mind.

A good dealer is what it's all about when you own new saws or don't do the work yourself. I'd be sticking with them, too.

I'm glad you found the problem AND a stand up dealer !

Status
Not open for further replies.