Husqvarna chaps or heavy cotton bib overalls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, after a brief search they were located. Looking at them for the first time since February, the reason I was remembering some were built where the protection stops early is because the pair I have are somewhat built that way. The protection stops an inch or two below the crotch of the pants. I did try on multiple types (my wife maintains a supply room for a crew), and these were the ones that seemed best, but now I'm second-guessing why (I still think some stopped the protection even lower down the thigh).

http://foresterchainsawparts.com/Ch...thing/Forester-Winter-Chainsaw-Pants-p48.html

I do like the high back and the tie at the cuffs to keep out snow, they are quite warm and wind-proof.

12-ply, meets ASTM F1897-2008 39JY, with a UL label.

Reactions: MasterMech
Yes, I have both. I use the chaps in the warmer 3 seasons, and the pants in the cold/snow. Last winter was my first year with the pants, and I was pleased. I did try on several styles before finding one I liked. Some makers stop the protection partway up the thigh - if I'm going to go to the bother of putting them on I may as well get the full benefit.

I've only ever had pants. If it's cold, I just make sure I've got my long undies on. I might check out the chaps when these pants wear out - will likely come down to pricing at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.