Husqvarna saw tip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
This is an interesting bit of information for any owners of certain Husqvarna saw models, namely the 340, 346, 350, and I think the 357 (maybe some others I'm not familiar with). The use either a plastic or newer metal band to clamp the intake bellows to the cylinder intake. It's not a screw type band, but a simple clamp that latches to itself. We've seen a significant number of these bands fail, or just not hold tightly enough, so that an intake lead develops. The result of this if it's not fixed promptly is the burning up of the saw. If you have a screw type clamp you have nothing to worry about, we've never seen an issue with these. It's only the clamp type that's been an issue. (It's part of the reason Husky doesn't make the 350 anymore.) So keep an eye on it. I've successfully used a screw type clamp off of a larger Husky saw, as well as a Stihl saw to fix the issue. If you notice your saw not running well, stalling, surging, or lacking power, stop running it and investigate the issue. With today's ultra lean carb settings, the saw is only a hair away from melting down to begin with.

I would be interesting if any other saw folks (probably vastly more knowledgeable than I) are familiar with this issue and how it's been dealt with.

HI,

I have a 346XP too (new this year) but I cannot completely follow what you are talking about. What is an intake bellows? Is that where the air filter is?

I want to check, but I first need to know what to look for.

Thanks

Niels

I'm not sure if the XP saws use the same system. The intake bellows is Husky's fancy word for the rubber intake boot between the cylinder and the carburetor. You have to take your cover off and peer in there. It will be right next to the cylinder between that and the carburetor.

I will check later this week if I have time. Otherwise, next year !!!!!!

Carpniels

I'll be checking my 350 out, Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.