1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Husqy 455 running rich

Post in 'The Gear' started by BoilerMan, Jun 20, 2013.

1. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    I've had this saw (bought new) for about three years now. It was too lean from the factory for my liking and I removed the carb limiters on the adjustment screws to gain access to to the whole range of adjustment not just 3/4 of a turn :confused:. Well I've run the was for a good while with about 10 gal of gas through it. I reciently switched to avgas 100LL and amsoil Sabre air cooled oil mixed 50:1. The saw is doggish on the low end and will not lean out. There are no air leaks and the air filter is clean. I can literally turn both hi and low screws all the way in and it's better but still too rich. Any ideas, should I just go back to the crap 10% ethinol 93 octane to see how it runs. I was running husquvarna low smoke oil 50:1 before with pump gas. Any ideas? I thought the leaded fuel with NO ALCOHOL was a huge step forward for two-strokes.
    This saw does have the x-Torq engine with the two intake ports if that makes any difference.

TS

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pyroholic

pyroholic Member

Loc:
    Mid-Michigan
    Don't know all the technicalities, but I'd be inclined to switch back.
  3. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    sounds like something is wrong in the carb system
  4. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Any chance the choke isn't closing correctly? Cheers!