Husqy 455 running rich

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoilerMan

Minister of Fire
Apr 16, 2012
Northern Maine
I've had this saw (bought new) for about three years now. It was too lean from the factory for my liking and I removed the carb limiters on the adjustment screws to gain access to to the whole range of adjustment not just 3/4 of a turn :confused:. Well I've run the was for a good while with about 10 gal of gas through it. I reciently switched to avgas 100LL and amsoil Sabre air cooled oil mixed 50:1. The saw is doggish on the low end and will not lean out. There are no air leaks and the air filter is clean. I can literally turn both hi and low screws all the way in and it's better but still too rich. Any ideas, should I just go back to the crap 10% ethinol 93 octane to see how it runs. I was running husquvarna low smoke oil 50:1 before with pump gas. Any ideas? I thought the leaded fuel with NO ALCOHOL was a huge step forward for two-strokes.
This saw does have the x-Torq engine with the two intake ports if that makes any difference.

TS

Don't know all the technicalities, but I'd be inclined to switch back.

Any chance the choke isn't closing correctly? Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.