Hybrid Englander?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown6

Dec 18, 2007
Middle O' Maine
Okay Englander Engineers.....here's what I want....the 28-3500 Add-On Furnace that is pellet capable!!!!

Have you got something like this in the works?

They used to have one but it went away.

Attachments

• pellet furnace.jpg
    pellet furnace.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 533
I would think the market for pellet furnaces would be quite small because only in a few cases would the cost of fuel be a substantial savings over gas or even oil (when everything is figured in). I suppose someday - if and when the pellet supply increases - this may change, but it would not be anything I would bet on.

Excellent!!! I just purchased a new 55SHP10 at Lowes after researching pellet stoves for two winters. So far, extremely happy with it other than I've got to get the air to circulate better thru the house, but that will come. I decided on the England brand because of the comparison of cost, tech support, reliability and "DIY repairability". I really like that several England folks post and reply here regularly...which factored into my purchase decision.

I've got a basement spot thats just screaming to have a pellet furnace put into it that I can hook into the original ductwork to feed the whole house.

Status
Not open for further replies.