Hydraulic gear pump (need help)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch043052

Nov 7, 2015
Northern Missouri
I bought 2 new gear pumps, The first one I got I hook up to my splitter started it up and it worked but it started blowing fluid out the seal on the pulley shaft. I thought that I hooked it up wrong and that I had ruined it. Thinking that it would cost more to have it fixed I just ordered a 2nd one. Before I started the 2nd new I got the advice from a few people that had experience with hydraulic pumps, they all seemed to agree that it was installed right. I started it up and and the splitter worked but I started doing the same as the first pump.
Has anybody else had this problem if so how do I fix it?
Thanks for any information.
The pump is a
Bi-Directional Gear Pump - 14 GPM, 5/8in. Dia. Shaft, Model# CB2A-F15SXA.

Thanks Butch

I do not have direct knowledge on this particular pump but it may not have bearings and seals designed to handle side loads when using a pulley drive system.

I don't think I have ever seen a Hydraulic pump shaft designed to for a side load. the only way I could think to do it would be to set it up with an outboard bearing somehow.

Pics of the installation would help. If this is indeed a pulley config, then yes, very possible that you took out the seals because of the side load.

Status
Not open for further replies.