Hydraulic hose is sweating?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beagler

Sep 9, 2007
My Huskee 22 is having an issue with a sweaty line. Its the line that comes up from the oil tank to the piston and oil is actually sweating through the hose. I called Speeco and they said they have had issues in the past with poor quality hoses, and they upgraded, but I apparently had a bad one. They promptly send me a new hose. Anyone ever see this before on hydraulic hoses?

Where the problem arises is in the return line to the tank . This hose doesn't carry much pressure so less expensive hoses are often used and they are not compatible with hydraulic fluid. This problem has come up before.

triptester said:
Where the problem arises is in the return line to the tank . This hose doesn't carry much pressure so less expensive hoses are often used and they are not compatible with hydraulic fluid. This problem has come up before.

This makes sense. Hopefully the new hose will work.
Thanks

often they are heater hoses, designed for water and glycol and not petroleum compatible. If it was permeating the linger, then the cover, it would be quite short time until leak or break.

I have also seen heater hoses on suction, and clear vinyl on suction.......... needs to be suction hose with molded in wire spiral to prevent vacuum collapse.
suction hose can be used for return line also, usually good for 150-250 psi rating. 4x that for burst pressure most brands.

sounds like you should be set.

I had the same issue with my 22 ton Huskee original non-pressurized hoses. They sent me new return line non-pressurized hose from the piston to the oil tank, and that solved that problem...it's not sweating anymore. The smaller hose, they sent me a clear hose with metal wrapped in it...which was about a 1/2 inch in diameter too big to fit onto the existing fittings...so the small hose is still leaking. That one is pretty small, so I was just going to run to my local supply company and pick up the right size hose.

Just a safety note. If you see something like this on the supply line don't reach out to it with your hand. The leak could cut you.

Status
Not open for further replies.